Monday, June 29, 2009

July Guest Designer!


Welcome our July Guest Designer Lisa Truesdell aka Gluestickgirl!

I've always loved experimenting with color & patterns, words, and photographs. So when I found scrapbooking almost 5 years ago, it was a perfect fit. I love everything I've gained from this craft - the friends, the finished projects and pages, and working with awesome companies like Fiskars. I've also been lucky enough to have my work in many scrapbooking publications - BHG Scrapbooks Etc, Creating Keepsakes, Simple Scrapbooks, Scrapbook Trends and Cards. I couldn't ask for anything better!! I find inspiration in everyday events and objects - using the shapes and colors around me to record the little moments in my family's life that would otherwise be forgotten. My pages are detailed & whimsical, with layers of patterns and color anchored by embellishments and sewing. When I'm not scrapbooking, I enjoy reading, sewing, and puttering around our much beloved old house, which was built in 1925.

I live in Omaha, NE with my husband Matthew and our 3 boys - Alex, Ben and Sam. Life with three little boys is often chaotic but we love it that way.
I was looking at the calendar the other day and was totally shocked when I realized that my boys have been out of school for 4 weeks. The colors of the kit are so perfectly sun drenched - they remind me of long, hot days - a perfect match for photos of each of my boys enjoying some summer fun. I mixed the clocks into my design because I liked how they fit the page's sentiment, and I punched the "4" from the vintage flash card and used it as part of my title.

The lighting isn't quiet right on this photo, but there's something about it that grabs me. I love the juxtoposition of Sam's sweet baby cheeks with the scrape on his forehead - a sure sign of a toddler who thinks he's a big kid!! He's such a go go go kid that catching a quiet moment where he's not running around or performing is extra special.


Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. what pure talent! I am a big fan!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful page! Love how it came together and LOVE this kit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh can't wait to see your complete gallery!! love that LO

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very cool to have Lisa, love the page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, you are one of my fave designers...LOVE this page!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for Glue pages! Can't wait to see all you've done with this kit!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. totally LOVE this layout!! stunning!

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Lisa! Can't wait to see what else you came up with this month.

    ReplyDelete