Sunday, March 28, 2010

Guest Star: Cathryn Dubow

When I started scrapbooking, I was working as a librarian, had young children and was very busy with all sorts of volunteer commitments. Even before digital cameras, I took a lot of pictures. So, it might not come as a surprise that I was primarily concerned with photo organization and preservation. My pages were simple and the more photos I could fit on the page, the happier I was. Having my albums “caught up” was my main goal.
Fast forward sixteen years.



My nest is empty and I take fewer pictures. Scrapbooking has become a creative outlet for me rather than another job to get done. I might only have one photo on the page. I might take the time to create an elaborate embellishment. I might even pull out the sewing machine and stitch on a page! Things I swore I would never do. But, I’m having so much more fun!

Thanks for the inspiration Cathryn!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment