Sunday, August 22, 2010

Thoughts from our August Guest Kara Haupt

My name is Kara Haupt and I'm 18 years old. I'm moving to Brooklyn, NY to attend art school for photography this fall. I'm not good at focusing and I'm highly amused by Disney channel TV shows. I've been scrapbooking since I was 15. I love dark chocolate, weird movies, and my silly friends.

My blog: karahaupt.typepad.com
Twitter: twitter.com/karahaupt

I'm a little bummed that I won't have all my scrapbooking supplies with me at school, but I'm pretty sure all the inspiration I'm going to get here will make up for it. I've always been accustomed to working in a small space and have had most of my supplies slid under my bed in a plastic bin for years. I pull out the bins and scrapbook right on the floor with all of my supplies right before me. I've never scrapbooked on a chair before and I don't know I'd like it if I did! :)

I love having all of my tiny paper doo-dads right before me. It's all the tiny embellishments that inspire me the most!

I love this layout because it really epitomizes the relationship I have with my best friend Stephanie. She read it after I made it and said "that is so true". Haha! Visually I love it because it has the loveliest autumn colors. I also like how the old check is cut up. Breaks up the design, but also carries it throughout the page.
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. It was fun to read about you, Kara! You do beautiful work! Love your layout and the idea behind it. Thanks for guesting for us! :)
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. think I may have found a new happy blog to follow. Have a fabulous first week of school and I hope the get to know you games end quickly and with positive results!
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kara,

    What a talent you are. I love your layout. The check and dresses are so balanced.

    Thank you for sharing with us. I am going to follow your blog. Good luck in school.

    debbie p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, gorgeous.
    Wow, you sound just like me.
    It's rough for me to try to focus and Disney Channel is my love.
    SAY hello to NYC!

    ReplyDelete