Friday, December 2, 2011

Merry, merry!

Happy December! We are celebrating the holiday season here on the Inspiration Blog with lots of ideas for festive cards. Today I've got a simple design you can whip up in less than 10 minutes, which is ideal during this busy time of year.
Merry Card by Lisa Dickinson
Using a base of kraft cardstock, I stamped the word "merry" with the Clear Alphabet Stamps and Fountain Pen ink.  Then I added a punched scalloped border of red cardstock and colored in one of the "merry" words with a red pen.  I fussy cut a section of the Holly Stripe paper to add a festive touch to my card, topping it off with some Pearl & Rhinestones Charms in Garnet tied with baker's twine.


Easy enough? And you still have time to sneak in a little bit of shopping! (Speaking of which, have you browsed through Jenni's Flea Market lately? There are some lovely vintage pieces that are one-of-a-kind and could make an ideal gift for someone on your list!)

Happy Holidays!


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Lisa!! I love Jenni's new alpha stamps. I have trouble stamping all together in a row as in a word, so I stamp each letter individually. Is that what you did? or is there a trick to it I do not know? TIA
    craft-tastrophe

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous I stamp them individually, too! I actually went down the card, stamping all the m's , then the e's, etc.

    ReplyDelete