Thursday, January 23, 2014

A Banner for January!

I love banners and garlands - how lucky I am that banners are still popular in the scrapbooking world!

I've made quite a few banners for my house over the years. Here are just a few:

a Christmas garland

a lucky banner

a quilt star garland

a little mini banner


Banners and garlands are just HAPPY, aren't they?  So this year I've resolved to make one banner or garland every month.  Something to keep the "happy in the house" all year 'round.  And to start this off in January I used bits and pieces from the January Mercantile Kits to create this happy banner celebrating the new year.


It hangs on an old painted mirror in our dining room.



The die cut numbers are sooo pretty (from the Artisan Kit).  I used the gold pen in the Artisan to embellish the wooden buttons and die cuts.  And aren't those felt flowers great?


Here's hoping 2014 is a wonderfully creative one for you!

There are still some kits left in our January collection.  Head over using this link to see them!



Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I love banners too...Love your idea of doing one a month. Can't wait to see what all you come up with during the year. My favorites are the quilt star banner and the 2014...that is just too cute! Oh and I like the Christmas one too, oh and the Lucky is too adorable and the one on the card...heck! I love them all...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so beautiful! I really love the 2014....it's so soft and lovely!! :) Evie

    ReplyDelete